Friday, March 30, 2018

Happy Birthday Hoots

My card today was made for a special friend's birthday last week. My friend loves interactive cards and owls, themes that I try to incorporate into my cards each year.




This is my first attempt at an acetate window card with a pop up inside.
For this card I created the inside first. I cut 3 pieces of designer paper just a bit smaller than the base card, and attached in place. The front panel was attached with temporary tape so that I could lift it and add acetate behind it once the window was cut. I then used the pop up mechanism to work out where I wanted the window on the front to be so that my owls would be seen through the window, when the card was closed. I then glued the mechanism in place and attached the label. Using a label die one size smaller I temporary attached it with the cutting side facing the front so that I could then cut out the window on the front panel. I then added the acetate and two die cut frames, using nested dies. I hope you can understand my instructions so far, If not Karen Burniston the designer of the pop up die has some great video tutorials that are easy to watch.
The owls are stickers covered with micro fine glitter and coloured with copic pens.
On the front of the card I have used the Happy Birthday die and layered the die four times. For the top layer I created an ombre look with distress inks. I coloured some white card with distress inks and die cut the tree and foliage adding it to the left side around the framework. I added some crystal nuvo drops to look like dew around the foliage. I just discovered that nuvo drops can take on the colour of distress ink that you apply it on top of, which I don't mind in this case.
The inside of the card was looking a bit plain after all that work on the front, so I added a stamped tree image, fussy cut it out and placed it behind the owls so they look like they are sitting on the branch.



Thanks for looking....................


2 comments:

  1. How sweet - your friend will love this owl fancy fold card~ It's a hoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for my beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete