Thursday, January 18, 2018

Winter wear

Hi Everyone,
It is time to join my friends at the CCEE Stampers blog.

" Baby, it's cold outside!!" Use an image showing a winter garment.

 I had so much fun creating this card, my goal this year is to experiment with backgrounds, I love what everyone is doing with distress oxides inks, but I am not totally happy with my efforts, so I have just created a background with blending normal distress inks and added a few sprays of water.

Late last year I picked up the creative stamping  magazine issue 50 with this free Hunkydory winter warmers stamp collection. On the front of the card I used the Polar bear with coordinating jumper added the tree and reverse clouds from Karen Burniston dies.


On the inside I had the chance to play with the Lawn Fawn stitched hillside pop up die and used some more images from the stamp set. The trees were die cut in black card and highlighted with a white colouring pencil.

This is my first Lawn Fawn die and I have the accessory dies on my wish list, so until then I thought I would adapt the hillside die as snow drifts. I cut the die twice and glued them down flat and the added them to the card. The sentiment was stamped in black brillance ink and embossed with glitter embossing powder, I then repeated the step to make it pop off the page. 




Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers have created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs.
Anne Harmon
Joanne Grzelak
Liz Williams
Lois Bak
Lynn McAuley
Frances Byrne
Vicky Gould
Kelly Santi
Maryann Einam- You are here

Thanks for stopping by....

6 comments:

  1. haha we used the same stamp set, not surprising I guess LOL. Love your pop up card

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun bunch! All dressed for the cold!! Super cute birthday design, Maryann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Love it, Maryann!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That polar bear does look cold, even in his sweater!! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you and Frances got the same magazine! Cute card with the pop-ups inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun winter scenic....however, as I told Hoots about her card, this adorable bear totally steals the show....fabulous

    ReplyDelete