Thursday, January 5, 2017

Winter Birds


Welcome back to the CCEE Challenges, to start the 2017 season we have hostess Vicky with her very first challenge.

Today is "Bird Day".....I absolutely love birds and bird cards.  So, my challenge is for you to make a card with a bird on it.  I just know the cards will be awesome.  BTW, I know we did birds in 2016, but how could I turn down "Bird Day"!!






For my card I have used the winter birds set from stampendous. I started out with the branch stencil that comes with the set and used distress inks for colour. Next the berry bunch positioned and coloured with copic pens. These birds remind me of our local wrens, the female is a dull brown and the male has a blue chest. They spend their days flitting here and there in the bushes. The birds were stamped, coloured, fussy cut and shaped before attaching to the base card.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers have created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs.
Anne Harmon
Joanne Grzelak
Liz Williams
Lois Bak
Lynn McAuley
Frances Byrne
Vicky Gould

Thanks for stopping by....


8 comments:

  1. such a "tweet" card Maryann, love the colors of the birds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these sweet, plump winter birds. Such beautiful coloring on this adorable pair, Maryann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Maryann...you certainly put that together perfectly. What beautiful birds on a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these little wrens. Nice job on the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving these sweet little birds.....and how you used that branch stencil

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card! Those birds are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are just the sweetest birds, Maryann!! I love that you fussy cut and shaped them. Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sweet little winter birds. What a great card. Happy Bird Day!

    ReplyDelete