Saturday, January 30, 2016

C4C321 - G'day from downunder

G'day Mate,
hmm..... not words that I use very often although my Mother in law does, it must have something to do with living out in the country.

Frances is back with her last challenge for the month, wow hasn't that month flown by.

The 26th January was Australia Day, as I live in the "land down under", lets celebrate with a Down Under Challenge. Create a card with something down under, it could be under the sea, or a tree or underground, under an umbrella or even from down under in the world.


As I live in Australia too, not far from Frances in fact, I just had to use some Australian themed stamps and dies from Ultimate crafts.
On the inside I made a double pop up and just had to use my favourite pop up die designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth craft designs.


I wanted to keep the Monochromatic theme of the designer paper for the whole card, so used die cut pieces and sponged them with black soot while the die was in place. I then cut another cockatoo in black card to shadow the white piece.


Here is a side view of the double pop up platform.



Supplies:
Ultimate Crafts Australiana collection
Gumtree and outback fence
Barbed wire fence
Eucalyptus Blossom
Cockatoo in the wild
Australian map
Small grass tree
Kangaroo
Stamps: G'day Mate and Red Centre
Elizabeth Craft designs 
Lorna label pop up



Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Frances Byrne
Anja de Regt
Barbara Anders
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Karen Aicken
Vicki Burdick
Peggy McCurry
Raquel Mason
Rebecca Endie
Jen Benner
January Guest Designer Cas Counsell


Cheers
Maryann

1 comment: