Wednesday, March 19, 2014

For my Friend

Hi Everyone,
Today I got together with a couple of friends, we catch up each month for a chat and a bit of shopping at our favourite craft/scrapbooking store and come home with a few new items. This year we decided to challenge ourselves to make the most if our purchases and create a card each month. For this month we are using the Katie Pivot die designed by Karen Burinston for Elizabeth Craft Designs that we purchased last month.

For the base card I used a thicker double sided designer paper and used My Favorite things die-namic flower and flourish for the front. The Sentiment is the Brackets2cut set designed by Stephanie Barnard for the stamps of life.
 This is the card opened the sentiments have been matted using the layered dies that come with the Katie pivot dies set. The side pieces were created with the Agatha edges dies and the flowers are another My Favorite things flower die.
 This is the back of card. I recently watched a demo from one of Elizabeth Craft and Karen Burniston design team member and she made the comment " How many cards have you seen that look great from the back as well as the front" that has stayed with me,as I use these dies, in this case it is so true.

 I used an embossed panel of cardstock for make the card more stable, now I have seen some cards with this panel or without the choice is up to you.

I certainly had fun using this die and made a few others which I will post over the next few days.
Thanks for looking
Maryann

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm I wonder who said that ;) ... fabulous card, glad I got to see it in person yesterday!

    ReplyDelete