Sunday, December 29, 2013

Dress Up Pop n cut

While looking through my card photos for 2013 I discovered a card that I had not shared. Which came in handy because after taking all those card photos over the last few weeks my very first digital camera broke, now when I think back this camera has to be over 15 years old, and only took 2mega pixel photos. So luckily I won't have to rush out for a new one as I am going to try my daughter's old one, once I figure out how to use the software, it take 7.1 mega pixel photos, which I know is not all that brilliant by today's standards.
Now on to the card, this card was my first attempt using the Stampin Up pop n cut platform base die and the dress up framelits set. I didn't feel the need to purchase all the other matching products from stampin up because I felt I could still create a great card using my other pop n cut products, like all the Karen Burniston designed products they all complement each other.
I started with the framelit set All dressed up it comes with 3 different dies, two dresses and a dress stand. I used chocolate chip card for the dress stand and designer paper for each dress. I then glued the sleeveless dress onto the stand for the other dress I cut it to waist length and the cut up the middle to create two pieces and shaped them to look like a jacket attached it and added small gems to look like buttons. I then cut out the base and attached ric rac ribbon and designer paper and  a gem flourish.
 For the inside I used the same designer paper as the front panel and cut out the Funky 3d label insert and matching framelits. the words are from stampin up but I don't keep up with what is discontinued or current. The floral border was created using a Martha Stewart border punch.

I hope you liked looking at this card, I had so much fun creating it.
Maryann

No comments:

Post a Comment