Thursday, September 3, 2015

Word Play Challenge

 Today's challenge is a Word Play challenge.  Include on your card something that starts with each of the letters in CITY. Today's Challenge on CCEE Stampers is the first for Lois as hostess. Today's challenge is a Word Play challenge. Louis H. Sullivan (born Sept. 3, 1856), an architect credited with designing the first skyscraper. Please include on your card something that starts with each of the letters in CITY.

Well this was a bit of a challenge, finding 4 lettered items that all match to create a card was really hard.
Well here goes
C -  Chilly the Penguin, cold, christmas
I - icicles
T - trees
Y - yellow scarf

I used my favourite dies at the moment, Karen Burniston designed dies for Elizabeth craft designs

The Merry Christmas pop up is a new release die and you can see Karen's tutorial here. It will be much easier to follow than my explanation.
After making the pop up I added the trees, trimming them down to so that they fitted when the card was closed. I then made Chilly the Penguin and his girlfriend, today I am calling her Chelsea. I reversed the black and white colours so that they look like they have so warm winter coats on with all the accessories.  I added some snow flakes and the Icicle border is a Martha Stewart border punch.

Here is the front of the card all dressed up with some more dies.


Dies used
Chilly the Penguin
All Seasons Tree
Snowflakes
Merry Christmas pop up
Props 1
Snowman
Accordion Oval

Don't forget to go on over to the CCEE Stampers Blog and follow the links to all the private designer blogs.

Maryann


8 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job on this challenge Maryann and love what you selected for each of the letters, they go together so well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo dang cute, Maryann!!! What a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute with Chilly! I love to use Drippy Goo as icicles, and see that you do too! Love it in navy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute penguins and fun die cuts make a marvelous Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sensationally fun design, Maryann! What an awesome Christmas design with all these wonderful die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Icicles for another great idea I never thought of. This iwas a fun challenge and I love all the ideas everyone came up with for their letters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and delightful, inside and out. Pop-up cards are such fun both to make and receive. I like the way you've made Chilly and Chelsea appear to be wearing coats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. truly a beautiful white winter wonderland

    ReplyDelete