Wednesday, December 18, 2013

3 x 3 gift cards

I created some 3 x 3 gift cards using various dies and stamps for a Xmas gift this year.
I have had the envelope punch for a few months but haven't really had the chance to play with it. The are some many different things that you can make with it. I decided to create a gift box for my cards, because I was giving several cards I had to adapt the sides to suit. All my measurements will be in inches because the envelope punch board and paper cutter have those markings. I cut designer paper 7" x 7" lining up the card I punched a 3" and scored flipped 90 degrees and punched and scored the did the same for the other sides, then I did the same again but measured at 4" the gave me the second score line for the box depth. I then rounded the top flap and cut the small squares that the scored lines created.
When the box was completed I decorated it with a belly band punched with a Martha Stewart border punch and Sizzix stamps and dies.
I then created a larger box to house the smaller box and Christmas card, instead of putting them in a gift bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment