Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Poppy make a wish

Today I had a chance to play with some new release items from My Favorite Things. I also use the Wednesday sketch challenge MFTWSC116 for my layout.
For this card I haven't used any designer paper instead I went back to my early card making days were we used stamps to create backgrounds. I have also tried letterpress embossing, where you ink a embossing folder before placing your card stock in and emboss, the colour of the base card pops out of the coloured ink. The poppies were backed with foam tape to give a 3D effect. Glitter was added to the center of the flowers and faux piercing add to the border.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT LJD Pretty poppies, triple scoop set
Other: MFT Die-namics poppies & leaves, Dizzy doily duo, Glitter fabric paint, Brilliance pearlescent ink -poppy,beige, lime,Craft concepts Embossing folder - Venus, Riding hood red ribbon and card, black and white card.

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Maryann

1 comment: